Thursday, May 26, 2005

ONE more day

I'm going home this weekend. It's been too long. I think a month or so. But it feels like a lot longer then that. A guy that I worked for a while back is coming out here to see me on this weekend too. Massive bummer. I need to give him a call. But I am going home to turn 27. Do you ever remember being younger then ten and looking at somone that's thirty and thinking "I wonder what it's like to be that old"? And now I'm only a couple years away. Wild., Honestly I don't feel any different. I have been told it because I never grew up, only old. In my mind maturity does not come with staleness. I love being alive. Even when life is not so good, every breath is a gift.

Anyhoo so I turn 27 this weekend and I going home.

Sounds like it's gonna be a busy weekend. Livi and Joel have school band stuff, Staci Hohulin's wedding, and Dad wants the kids over on saturday I think. It's all good, I was hopeing to kind of blend into the cracks. I love going home just to be there. I love that house. My room totally got turn into storage, but so it goes. I'll probably sleep in Joels room. I cant believe how big that kid is getting. Insane. And Iivi is gonna be a senoir next year. I remember when she was small enough to fit in my arms. As Al would say, crazy go nuts. Speaking of

I WAS SO close to buying a bike for this summer. A rally bike. It looked huge. The price was right, and I went to the bank. I am about the worst with impulse buys. THE WORST. Well.... I know someone a little worse... But anyway I thought better of it. BUT ITS A RALLY BIKE!! That means I wouldn't "have to" tear up the Jeep anymore. It also means I would probably die a lot sooner. I remember in Roanoke, I was over at Hodels and we were having contests to see how far we could jump his motorcycle. It was a rally bike too but a lot smaller then this one. We were jumping off a dirt pile his dad made. Now with a bigger bike, I'm sure I could find a bigger dirt pile (This IS Kansas) so I'm not sure that this bike would be the best idea.

So I'll PRETEND I'm responsibe once more and pass this one up. Life is too short already, this would probably just make it shorter.

CLICK HERE

3 comments:

Luke said...

oh man...get the bike!

Anonymous said...

Here's the one I drool over @ Sanders' when I go in, except that one is this funky olive green color. 2...Die...For.
http://www.kawasaki.com/product_detail.asp?product=20&category=2&tag=motorcycle

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I remember sitting by you on the way to Jamaica last year and finding out you were going to be turning 26, which I hardly believed! Then again, no one ever believes how old I am. :) Anyway, have a great weekend and a wonderful birthday!!

Ashley