Tuesday, May 24, 2005

CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF...

I forgot what I was gonna say...

probably like a watched pot will in fact boil.

and if a throw a frog into it AFTER it boils, it will jump out.
But if you throw it in BEFORE it will slowly burn to death without even knowing it.

Kinda like sin.

Something blunt is easy to rebuke.
But if it comes slowly and in small increments slowly increasing, It will devour the sinner in time without them even knowing it.

and no I have never boiled a frog in my kitchen.... but I have been tempted.

9 comments:

Luke said...

dude...sin stinks. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it.

Anonymous said...

So does boiling frogs!

I wonder what a boiler flog would smell like?

Anon said...

love that analogy!
I knew a frog would cook to death if you put it in a pot and boiled the water...I didn't know it'd jump out though if the water was already boiling. But I guess that only makes sense, huh?


(those things are called analogies, right? I miss my english-major roommate when I have questions like this...)

Luke said...

more like an allegory.

Anon said...

oh. That's an allegory...


So what IS an analogy??

Luke said...

I don't really know.

Chris said...

me neither

allemogonhony.
wait....that's like a stroy that's made of wood or something

Luke said...

Whaaat?! I didn't break it! I was testing it durability. And then I placed it in the woods, becuase it's made of wood, and I wanted it to be with it's family!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if snake's boil like frogs. I bet they do!