Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The dog that wouldn't quit

I hit mc donalds for lunch today and went the park. I felt like feeding the ducks so I got more then I needed. As I got to the lake, I parked my truck by the edge and walked to a bench. What I saw I didn't expect.

There was a dog chasing the ducks.

Big deal? Not really.

But the ducks were out in the middle the lake. So was the dog.. in the middle of no small lake. The ducks were much faster swimmers and it was like they were taunting the dog, letting it get close then every time the dog got within like ten feet of the ducks, they would fly to a different spot. Every time they flew to the other end, the dog (who was swimming at about the speed of a hyperactive inchworm) would turn around and cross the lake only to turn around and have to do the same thing over and over again. But it didnt matter because the dog wouldn't give up. HE WANTED THEM DUCKS. He kept it's eye on the prize even though it would never be accomplished. He chased a dream that he refused to give up. I watched and ate lunch for like a half hour. As I left the dog was still chasing the ducks.

This just goes to show...
dedication and perseverance are WAY OVER RATED!

Either that or if yer gonna chase a duck, make sure it's wings are clipped and it only has one leg.... er.... something like that. I never was good at making those "moral of the story" endings.

3 comments:

Anon said...

like keeping our eye on the goal...running with perseverance the race that is set before us...


Thanks for helping me not study for a few minutes!! :)
You're swell!

Luke said...

umm...except when we run the race that is set before us we can actually accomplish our Goal...this poor dog probably died out there. Lets keep our eyes open to when we're going nowhere and change directions so we can accomplish something. :)

Chris said...

Together we can catch that duck!!
er wait that's not what you ment...
we dont need no stinkin duck?

wait.. wait.. I got it.

Philippians 3:14 - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

hey, I got one.. cool