Friday, May 20, 2005

Part four: the flog.

If I left ya hanging I'm sorry. I was sick yesterday with something that creeped into my lungs and that stuck me in bed for the vast majority of the day. I actually did get out of the house at like 6 in the evening to watch thursday night softball at John and Carol's. They even got me to play a little which was good cause I needed to clear my lungs. Anyhoo back to the story. I would go with Jim's but he corrected my spelling in the last one. :)

Luke so you don't pitcha fit

B, Have you seen and vending machines? I wanna dr pepper.



The animal looked at him with curiosity. "vendeemuchneene? I have never heard of such a creature" the animal laughed. "And who is Dr. Pepper? Does he ride the vendeemuchneene beast?"

Wisely deciding to drop the conversation as to not upset the creature and remembering his manners as best he could, he deiced not to mention the foremost thought on the tip of his toungue. Remarking how very unkempt the creature appeared would definitely not be the smartest way at all to establish conversation with the creature, especially when the diet of the animal remained unknown.

So the conversation went something like this:

"If you please sir, I have never seen a creature such as you. What are you called?"

"I'm not sure what kingdom you are from Lad.... but where ever it is, the subjects must be very rude indeed! Such a question to ask a stranger. Such a question indeed! But I suppose one cannot expect proper politeness from such a ugly creature. I am a flog."

feeling a bit hot under the collar, the young man checked his temper and remained what he thought was polite.

"if you please then Mr. Flog, would you be so kind as to tell me where we are?"

"What a simple question to ask!" retorted the creature. "Where we are?? I am here and YOU are standing there! Simple question indeed! where we are......."

Checking his temper once more the young man asked "I am trying to get back home! If you please, I need to find a path to where I need to go!"

"and in which direction is home?"

"......I'm not quite sure..."

"then it doesn't really matter what direction you go! Such a simple creature indeed!"

"Well you are of no help and I shall find my way home by myself."

"oh you mustn't travel alone! It's not safe, not safe indeed for such a simple creature as your self to travel alone. I will help you. Besides I found you here and I feel responsible. I will help you find this Doctor Pepper friend of yours and the creature vendeemuchneene he rides on. Come, I have a friend who lives in a garden near here. He will know how to get you where you are going!"

The young man pondered his state once more. He was beginning to enjoy the present company less and less but help comes unlooked for sometimes in the strangest of places.

A: Go with the flog
B: tell the flog off
C: try to find the garden by himself

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, oh, oh, let me pic, let me pic, please?!?

Let me quick read it!!!

Jimmy1027 said...

definitely A. The Flog is cool! He has like this sage wisdom thing going on.

He's quite a bit more proper than our protagonist and truely English to the core!

Good show man! good show!

Luke said...

Does the flog remind anyone else of jar-jar-binx?

Chris said...

Yer treadin on thin ice luke

THIS IS JAR JAR
meesa thinkin yoosea gotta screw losen in you head

THIS IS FLOG
I say, have you gone mad?



is there a difference?
gee... let me think.

Luke said...

I wasn't refering so much to the accent as to the overall positioning and personality of the creature. vendeemuchneene say that with a jar jar accent...yeah...fits uh?

Chris said...

Dude you missed it.

Think The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, some where in the begining chapters where Lucy meets the fawn and thier conversation following and mix that with Jimmy's decription. That will shoot you to pretty much the opposite of where you were going.