Friday, May 06, 2005

of memoires and mergers

I have been working in the back alot lately. Totally slow in the office and Nelson has noticed that it drives me nuts. So I have been in the back working. It's kinda nice. They let me bring my ipod.

Just got a phone call from a guy in Phoenix. Amoung other business things, we talked about the mountians south of the city. Those were some neat places around there. I remember having some friends north of town on what used to be past the city limits of scottsdale. Very cool people. They had a flat roof (it IS the desert) and we would put lawn chairs up there and lay them flat and look at stars and listen to the coyotes come in. Amazing times. I love living there, if it wouldna been for the time period of my life when I was there, I might of found a better job and stayed. But if I would of stayed, I can't imagine where I would be. I felt clear direction to come back. So I did and I have been blessed beyond what I could of imagined.

In Phoenix I had been offered a free ride at a college. A FREE RIDE. I couldn't believe it so I did some digging. I found that the average starting SALARY of the graduates who applied themselves was 70 thousand a year. This was a field I excelled in. Design has always been my passion. I knew I could do it, but the Lord had other plans. By Gods grace He had helped me view the choice in a way that made it insanely easy to make. I am glad that I have followed my Heavenly father this far, he has blessed me beyond what I thought possible. This road definately had it's share of potholes but those are just to make sure yer paying attention to the road.

On the downside of things the semi evil cooporation (but not as evil as the Gates empire) Macromedia just made an announcement that there will be a merger with..... I dare to say it.... Adobe systems. That's like.... wrong. Illustrator is my flagship program and if Adobe changes that, I am so writitng a nasty letter.

No comments: