Wednesday, May 25, 2005

One step closer

We went and sang hymns at the nursing home last night while the residents ate supper. I was approached by an RN who pulled me aside and said that there was a woman that had just moved there about 4 weeks ago and hasnt smiled since. The RN said that while we were singing, she didn't stop smiling.

Such a blessing to be a blessing. Such a sence of fullfillment to know that we were able to instill joy to a heart that needed it the most.

Just wow.

We have been going just about every fourth tuesday. I want to go more but I am having a hard time motivating the crew. Such is life. SO STINKIN EASY to make someone elses day/week/whatever and it feels so good. So why is it like pulling teeth to get people to do this stuff? To be a servant to others? Back home in IL we sang once a week at three different places. The RN's said it was the highlight of the week for a lot of those residents. It was great! Motivated people that have a desire to serve others really make a difference in the lives of who they touch. Even if all I get for an hours labor is one smile from someone who hasn't smiled in four weeks, it was BEYOND worth it.

AAAAAAAND I got one step closer to getting the jeep fixed!!
IM SO EXCITED!!

John offered to give me a hand with it which is absolutely wonderful and very much appriecated and I made sure he knew it. So we got it on a gooseneck trailer and took it out to the shed on his farm and got it ready to work on. I told him what needed to be done and he said we could have it outta there in under two weeks from the start. ROCK ON!!! I could almost hear the jeep sigh. Jeeps have feelings to ya know. I think I heard it cry the other night in the garage. I went out to see what was wrong and I saw that the driver side front tire was flat. I pet it and told it that it was soon going to be alright. It said that it was getting tired of the garage and said that it wanted to go play outside again in the creek. I told it that if it tired to play in the condition that it's in that it would get even more sick. It started to wimper and I gave it a hug and told it everything was gonna be fine.

Jeeps are emotional creatures. Ya have to be sensitive to their feelings.

As it was on the trailer going to the farm to get fixed I could almost her is singing as the wind was blowing over it's hood (a feeling it hasn't felt since last summer). I CANT WAIT! I promise no more going over boulders. PROMISEPROMISEPROMISE. We'll still go in the river but no more rock climbing.

Well.......



maybe little rocks

2 comments:

Luke said...

I want one too. Can I have one too. If I come to FS someday can I drive yours?

Chris said...

DUDE!!!! THAT'S LIKE SAYING

"hey um.. can I date your wife?"

NO!







myjeep