Thursday, April 07, 2005

so...

interesting week

but if you called me and asked me how I am,
I would probably say fine

monumental mountain range cleared
old hurt finaly propery bandaged so it can heal and I can get on with my life

and then a whole new furnace comes in

completely different trial

yet the answer is so much the same

I cast all my care upon You,
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet
and anytime (stinkin all of the time) I don't know what to do
I will cast all of my cares upon you

the one stop shop
the cure all cross
all doubt
all fear
all hope
all relationships
all love
all anger (so cool that this is not even an issue any more)
all dreams
all realities
God I give them all to you,
my life is yours
do with it as you seem fit.

I read last night about the furnace.
How those boys had no fear
They didn't know what was going to happen
but reguardless they were sold out to God

Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve IS ABLE to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

before this time everyone everyone prior to addressing spake and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar "O king, live for ever."

now these punk kids from a conquered nation are in his face and say "look were not gonna be careful answering you here. I know that my God has the power to save me from any fire you can come up with. He can even save me from you, O King.

BUT IF HE DOESNT

we'll die before we serve your gods."

this enraged the King.
the had to know it was gonna.
but they trusted that God would do what what best in their lives
If that meant death
If that meant to be fireproof

do I have the faith it takes to be fireproof?
do I have the faith it takes to stand up to a king?
do I have the faith it takes to stand up to my own heart?

Father, grant me faith that all things work together to good for those who love the LORD and are called according to his purpose. Father give me the faith to believe I am fireproof. Be with me in this furnace that I may be a witness to others when I walk out unharmed.
Give me faith
Give me peace
Give me strength to endure and overcome
Thank you Father for the crosses you have given me to bare that I might use them to draw closer to you.
In Christ name.



ask me how I am
because my answer is I am blessed

so...
have you guys gotten outta the boat yet?

3 comments:

Luke said...

wanna bail out of the boat together!!??
wanna come to IL the weekend of Erin's baptism?
wanna?

Chris said...

OH OH PICK ME PICK ME I WANNA GO!!!

if i can find a ride....

ok who all want's to go to illinoi(silent)s?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could join the fun, but alas, I am needs be in Indy to support the Outreach weekend.