Monday, April 04, 2005

Amazing, simply amazing

Two days, that's all it was.

I sit here wanting to type what I feel in the worst way, but there are no words to describe this.
My eyes are red and I have a lump in my throat.

Restoration

To my Dad: I Love you and I am blest to have you as my Dad. I love you I love you I love you. Forgiveness is not forgetting, Jesus will never forget the price he paid for our forgiveness. He will bare the Scars of the cross for all eternity but he uses them to show us how much he loves us. Scars are only marks of what was. Not what is. To look at them and remember the pain is not what they are there for. To look at them and to see what was overcome, that's the key. So overcome... how? Through the scars of Christ. To remember the cross. To remember what was done... for me, for you Dad.

when I survey the wondrous cross, on which the prince of Glory died, my richest gains I count a loss and pour CONTEMPT on all my PRIDE.

That's where I lay my hurt down. At the foot of the cross
This is where my healing begins. At the foot of the cross
I love you Dad.


To Mom
I love coming to see you.
I love it that we butt heads.
I love it that we are so Stinking independent.
I love that it neither of us are ever wrong. (Although we share opposite opinions.)
AND I LOVE IT that an hour later, you sit on top of me when I'm on the couch and poke me and whisper in my ear "wad ya doin". And everything is gone. You are impossible to hold a grudge against..... jerk.


To livi.
(said in accents switching from irish to english to scottish)
IIIII'vvvvvvee got sunshinnneeeee
ona cloudeeeeyy day....
when it's cold outsiiiiiiiiiiiiide
i've
got
the
month...

of maaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

I miss holding you I miss loving you I miss kissing your forehead I miss the way you giggle I miss when WE laugh our hardest and it looks and sounds like a mime having a seizure. An I loved getting it all in one day.
Thank you for letting me gush. Even in front of friends. (yours and mine) I'm sorry if I embarrass you. When I'm around you I hafta at least hug you or hold you arm or JUST poke you or I'll explode.


Joel

You are so beautiful to meeeee.....
Gimme the remote!!! NEVER!!!!
Kidney punch! Kidney punch!
SNACK RUN!!
beat you like a brown haired step child.... oh wait..
pringles pizza or sour cream and onion OR origional..... I HATE THESE TOUGH CHOICES IN LIFE!!!
YOU: Do you know how dumb you look????
ME: NO!! Do YOU know how dumb I look????
never ending silly songs with larry.
sizzor lock tickles.
YOU HAVE FOUR STINKIN PILLOWS!!!! Gimme one.
Take your glasses off cause mom would kill us if those broke.
Should we really be drinking caffeine?
YOU: Bad hair day huh?
ME: Bad face year huh?....... bad llama.

I love you Joel and everything about you

now please Gimme back the batteries for the remote, I wanna see the silly songs with larry again.... for the fifth time...


To my Friend of friends.

what can I say that I already haven't said to you?
what I can tell you
to show you how I feel
to let you know
how much your friendship means to me
how much I am blessed by God to have a friend like you

so what can I say to make you understand?
I got nuthin.

so know that tonight when I go home..
before I go to bed..
after I brush my teeth.

I'm gonna floss.
:)



One weekend, one simply amazing weekend.
Heavenly Father,
I am speechless before thee.
I have not words to say to describe my gratitude for all you have blessed me with. I came in empty not knowing what to expect. You have filled my cup to overflowing. I am not worthy to be blessed as I am. Thank you for your forgiveness. Thank you for giving me the Grace to know how to truly forgive. Thank you for this weekend. Thank you for this April.
In Christ name I pray.


Brothers, Sisters,
It's time to get outta the Boat
and walk to Him

2 comments:

Luke said...

reminder to myself: breathe...don't forget to breathe. Wow...thank you Chris.

Anonymous said...

I love you Chris.
Always have.
Always will.

It is an amazing thing what God has done for us, what He is doing right now and what He has promised for us throughout eternity.

Thanks for sticking around to talk Sat. night. Under those millions of stars, God was with us.

Dad