Tuesday, April 26, 2005

and i sneeze....

and the day is done. Just boom and I wonder where it went.

My boss asked me if I was busy...

I looked at him.....

I looked at my open internet browser.....

I looked at him again and said "yer kidden right?"

so..

I GOT TO WORK IN THE BINDRY TODAY!!!!! :)
(bursts into song )myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy what a wonderful daaaaaaaaaay!


Last time I worked in the bindery i got put on the perfet bound book machine.

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!
I was bummed that I didn't bring my headphones with my ipod, but I soon found that I didn't need um! The machine at my end was doing the grinding and gluing. The pattern of sounds was pretty steady and they were coming from every where.

The hum of the machine just being on was a combo of a mid tone and a bass note

like a AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that never wavered. First thought that came to mind was "welp, thars ma pitch"

the grinding was a constant REEEEEWWWWW every other second and lasted a second. It started high and dropped about a step and half.

sweet there's my tempo.

add the glue part and get a CHUNKANOGGIN type sound. made for a good
back up rythmn

PLUS there were the constant dropping of books at the end of the line onto the conveyor belt where they would slide of a split second and them plop down to where I would grab them and stack um. that made a FLOPSSSSSHPLOP.

kinda sounded like this

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
REEEEEWWWWW REEEEEWWWWW
CHUNKANOGGIN CHUNKANOGGIN
FLOPSHPLOPFLOPSHPLOPFLOPSHPLOPFLOPSHPLOP

At first I just started harmonizing to the tones and changing pitches Of course I had to add like a WIGGIE WIGGIE here and there and whatever else came to mind.

ahhhhh good times in the bindry.

THIS TIME the machine I was working was not as musical so I had to improvise.

anyhoo...

I worked with a lady named randi and we had a blast.

I love bindry work.

Good day.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Dear Quistof.

Though you may have superhuman, unbeknownst to any other man, MACHINE perfect bound book binding skillz, I my friend, have superhuman, unbeknownst to any other woman, manual perfect bound book binding skillz. Let's have a bind off!!!

Chris said...

DUDE (non-gender specific term)

YOU ARE SO ON!!!

Anonymous said...

sweet! can i be a judge, guys?