Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's for her too...... Really

We went Christmas shopping in the Ozarks last weekend. It was fun, Kinda. It was Mom and Dad in law, Beloved, and me. We left the night before and stayed in a hotel which was fun (dukes of hazzard was on cable) and in the morning we went to this one shopping center what was absolutely huge. I don't know the name of it but it was all outdoors. Anyhoo we paired off, Me and the Dad went one way and her and her Mom the other.

I had NO IDEA their could be so many clothing stores in one place. I mean really, how many different kinds of clothes does one need. Unbelievable. I think it's another one of those "have to be a woman to understand" type things. So outta the 113 stores me and the Dad found three while I'm sure the Ladies passed through just about every door there.

First The golf store which I found a great putter for my beloved and since she doesn't golf, I'm sure that she wouldn't mind I borrowed now and then. Dad thought is was a great Idea, and said he'd have to borrow it too. We'll see about that.

After that we went to the tool store where I was tempted almost beyond what I was given the grace to withstand. There was a crescent wrench there that had to be three feet long and probably 40 pounds. A tear came to my eye and I just held it for a little bit. Dad said that she'd probably be content with the putter and that I'd better not splurge too much as to not make her feel bad on what she spent on me. Reluctantly I said my good bye's while I backed away and sadly exited the store.

THEN CAME THE BOSE STORE....
(store echoes and fades)
(pause for effect)

I sit here speechless.
Out of conviction, I had to get an affirmation BEFORE the purchase on this one... of course we'd have to re-finance the house with the promise of the indentured servitude of our first born but hey..... the price ya gotta pay right?
she said no.
I said 0% financing
she said no
I said Dad says it's ok if I get one
(which he did and I had his full support and long as he could come over when ever he wanted)
she said no
I said what if I get it FOR YOU.
she said no

I still think is because she didn't sit in on the bose demonstration.
That lasted for a half hour and promptly afterward The Dad said "Mine".
I said "Mine too...... if beloved says it's ok"


I hope she likes the putter.

4 comments:

natz said...

Hah! I doubt she'll like the putter either. But I think she likes you, (hence the whole marriage thing) so you'll probably be fine.

Chris said...

I couldn't stand it anymore.
I gave her the putter last night.
She said she didn't golf.
I said oh.... I guess I could use it then.
She about died.

FYI:

she picked out her present like last month.. kinda. I don't think she knows she picked it out, but she did. IT's still wrapped and in the closet. This Christmas is gonna rock.

Luke said...

HA!

I like you.

Chris said...

Crack me up roger,
We have been married for almost three months.
How long do I have to wait?