Thursday, November 03, 2005

once upon a time

there was a guy who hated things that go bump in the night. I am learning that there are like a bajillion things of various sizes that do just that in and around my house.

Freakout number one.
So, I'm outside burnin stuff like usual (sorry alan a guy's gotta have his hobbies) and I hear a rustle in the hay field that's not too far away from where I am sitting. Keep in mind this was no small rustle. I was lookin into the fire so my pupils were probably about the size of pin holes. So I turn and see nothin. Absolutely nothin. I build the fire a tad bigger to see what I can see. And I see eyes lookin back at me.... at about eye level.

after refraining from screaming like a little girl. I throw a rock and the eyes disappear.


Freakout number two.
I'm changing the oil in the jeep (which by the way was great bonding time and it keeps my four wheeled friend form getting jealous) and I find that I need two more quarts of oil to complete my task. Truck is outside by the shed, I'll take that. It's about 8 oclockish. and pitch black. No lights on the shed, no lights on the house nearest the shed. Not a big deal. I walk out to the truck and again, it sounded like something felt like walking in a straight line through something else that wasn't ment to be walked a straight line in.

well I jumped into the truck and waited for my hair to lay back down and my bladder to expand back to it's original size before heading out and picking up the oil. I'm parkin in the front door step for now on.

One might think that a fear of the dark is kinda childish. I actually think it to be quite healthy thankyouverymuch!

3 comments:

natz said...

maybe you should have janelle do these tasks with you and hold your hand, chris.

Anonymous said...

You need a revolver.

DEFINITELY check out Ruger's Vaquero's. I'm in love with my Bird's Head .45. Don't get a Blackhawk or a Redhawk; the way they kick sucks.

You should also check out the Smith & Wesson 500's. It's a new .50 caliber that will shatter the bones in your forearms.

Anonymous said...

or you could just do these tasks durring the day??????? just a thought!!!!!!! :P