Tuesday, April 07, 2009

just thinkin

I love Montana.

Well I love Kansas too... and Illinois, sort of.

But Montana, wow.

I guess it's not like I have been to the entire state. Just the extreme Northwest Montana. So I can't really say with authority that I love Montana as a whole. There might be parts that I would look around and say "wow, this place stinks."
So a more accurate statement is that I love Northwest Montana.
I've only been there once and then it was for 10 days give or take a day or so.

But I got to thinking, I wonder if I'll ever make it back.
I love to travel, so does Janelle and Abby kinda goes where we go, like she has a choice...

It would be cool to make it back. But what if it never happens. Is that a big deal?

I met a guy in Princeville, Illinois. He was an older man that told me that he'd been everywhere in the USA except for two states. He told me which two and I don't remember what they were, but I do remember asking when he was packing his bags. He said he wasn't. He told me that his daughter had an extreme mental illness that required him and his wife to be close by at all times. He said it was alright though, he was thankful for all he had seen in his life. But he was done traveling.

He had a goal and was just two states away from hitting them all. Realizing what was important, dropped it all to take care of his daughter.
Wow.

1 comment:

megs said...

okay, sorry i forgot you had a blog, it's been forever since i've stopped by. tell everyone hello. i think i need to kidnap your lovely sister and bring her to visit so i can spend some quality time with her. we'll see what happens, i'm just trying to keep my head on straight right now!!