Monday, April 06, 2009

Cornfused

I hate when I'm hungry and have no idea where I want to eat. I could do chinese food but I hate eating alone and the take out gets gross by the time I get back to work. I could McDonald's it but I'm just about mcdoubled out. I'm there enough that I am on a first name basis with the drive through lady. The gas station stuff rocks but I could eat at Cheddars or Chili's for the same price.

So I'm driving and I see the Subway sign way down the road and my mind wanders to a nice and warm footlong meatball sub. It's cold outside and I need warmed up.

Bingo.

Not only bingo but I'm really excited about a warm footlong meatball sub, so of course I begin chanting.
meatball sammach, meatball sammach, meatball sammach

The sign's getting closer, I start chanting louder
Meatball Sammach! Meatball Sammach! Meatball Sammach!

I signal and start to slow down for my turn..
MEATBALL SAMMACH! MEATBALL SAMMACH! MEATBALL SAMMACH!

Gotta wait for the truck in the drive through to finish exiting and turn left before I pull into the parking lot.
MEATBALL SAMMACH! MEATBALL SAMMACH! MEATBALL SAMMACH!

The drive-through looks full and I don't want to wait so I park the car and go inside to get take out. As I park the car I realise that I should probably stop chanting. So I hum quitely.
hmm hmmm hmmhmm, hmm hmmm hmmhmm,hmm hmmm hmmhmm,

As I enter I look around to see....

I just walked into a Taco Bell.

I look out the window and see the Subway next door.

The lady behind the counter is looking at me because I apparently look baffled.
I look at her... look at the menu...

"I'll take a number 6 with a Dr. Pepper"
*sigh*

maybe I'll get my sammach tomorrow.

No comments: