Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

It's not like I have a seriously stressful job. I'm sure that there are others that have equally stressful jobs...

Like air traffic controllers.
Or those submarine commanders with all those nukes. That can't be easy.
Or the guy whose job it's to change the blinking lightbulbs...
on top the Sears Tower.

But it's just enough stress to need to vent some non-deadline-induced creative energy.

My feet hurt today, as they did yesterday.
So as I did yesterday, I did today: I wore my slippers.
Nobody looks at your shoes anyway. So here I am at work wearing my slippers.

And it's lunchtime.

So upon making a choice between all the wonderfull fast food establishments, I went to taco bell...in my slippers.

I little known trick I have found is that it the drive through is completely full; it's faster to go inside and order a to go meal, as was the case today.

So while I was waiting inside for my food, I remembered I still had my slippers on and had "I wonder what would happen" moment. As in: I wonder what would happend If I went into the men's room, took off my jeans and turned them inside out put them back on, seriously messed up may hair, and proceed back out to the counter to sit on the floor, curl my legs under me, rock back and fourth, and scream "WOULD SOMBODY PLEASE TAKE ME BACK TO MY ROOM!!!"

Then I remembered that I have seen the owner of the company that I work for in there a couple time.

At least the thought was enough to make me smile and relax for a bit.

But it's time now to get back at it.

3 comments:

Luke said...

HA! And then video it...and then post it on YouTube and become FAMOUS!

ajp said...

I guess it is the thought that counts eh?

Anonymous said...

still the same chris

i feel stressed too

probably not as much as you

that rhymed

have a great day


come back to roanoke sometime