Friday, May 19, 2006

We leave tomorrow morning

But until then I stay here, bored and waiting for beloved to get home.

SO!

I got bored today. So I invited a friend over. Actually I didn't invite him, I found him. So I picked him up and brought him inside to play!

Meet Toby. He's my new friend.






We had lunch together.


But he kinda turned up his nose at it....


so then I pretended to put him in the Garbage disposal.


I'm not sure if he thought it was funny, but I thought it was.

The I turned on the oven and started to sing "home, home on the range"


Again as I heard no laughter, and as he sunk deeper into his shell, I seriously doubted it this turtle had any sense of humor.

anyhoo.

This is what toby looks right side up.


This is what he looks like upside down.


I hear that if you moisten the underside of a turtle, they act like a natural suction cup. But as the oven and the garbage disposal didn't go over all that great, I decied it was best not to try.

Sensing that my guest was bored I offered a game of tri-ominos. Word to the wise- NEVER ask a turtle to play a game of tri-ominos.

HE beat the tar outta me AND drank my last dr pepper.


After winning he got his choice of movie to watch. His favorite movie was "master of disguise" I think we watched the turtle club part over and over a million times.


After the movie I showed him my blog. Yeah he said I was cool.


We were watching for wildlife on the back thirty five acres.....(I think he was scoping for turtle hotties)


when he asked me if we could go for a jeep ride, I said that it would be fine.


In the end I think we had a great day.

7 comments:

Luke said...

I MISS YOU CHRIS!

Paul said...

I miss you too Bro

Hey ... so whose better at Aquire, you or Ross?

Anonymous said...

that was pretty great....you deserve a high five! I guess I miss you too....

Anonymous said...

it's your birthday as i write this. i thought about you today and hope that you had a great day.
ahem (throat now clear)....... happy birthday to you. happy birthday to you. happy birthday dear brother.................. happy...birthday.....to......you.................(sigh)

megs said...

GREAT story!! i love your friend toby! and i'll gladly fight beeg for him!!

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I would like to see that turtle take on my great-grandmother at Triominos.

Anonymous said...

i agree with britney on this one!
board at work and i need some entertainment! :D j/k sorry we couldn't make it out to KS 4th of July Weekend! I miss you! love ya lots! say hi to nel and the puppies who will aways be puppies to me! (even though they will be bigger than me by the time i see them!) Scarry! :D