Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Back in the saddle.

This is like one of those old books that I forgot I had. The one that somehow got placed on top of the book shelf, beyond sight, because there was no room in it, and there it sat. Reading it now I realize it would be a shame to quit. So much has changed, including the time I now have to update this. So why not?

Also realizing that by now typing here is just as good as talking to myself as all the old readers have well moved on. I have always enjoyed talking to myself anyway.

So what has happened since 2014?
In 2014 I just said goodbye not really updating.

So... wow 4 year recap? Good grief. Well for starters I now have time again to write as both kiddos are in school and I am back at work. Oldest of the two is in 4th grade and youngest is in Kindergarten. The sailboats have sat unused along with all my other things that would take time away from my kids and for the last 9 years the fun parts I did myself I put on hold so I could do the fun parts that one would do with their kiddos. Now, slowly, things are being brought back out. One by one. And now I find this old writing place.

I guess most of all the prompt this rebirth of writing was I sold some things today. One of which was the stroller.

I sold the stroller.
In that, if you listen closely, is my inner whatever it is in the inside screaming, THEY ARE GROWING UP. WHY ARE THEY GROWING UP? WHO TOLD THEM THEY COULD GROW UP?

Today I also took down the Christmas decorations. Part of the decorations was the mistletoe. As I handed it to the younger one, she kissed it. When asked why, she answered that's what you do under the mistletoe; you kiss it.
As a father, I'm OK with this.

So much more to say but I will keep this brief to keep from being boring.
Anyway, good to be back. Great to talk to you and see you later this week probably.

2 comments:

Luke said...

Hi

Mama Runner said...

I rediscovered my love of reading the year my two youngest started Kindergarten. And also, my oldest is taller than my eyebrows. Another few months and she can roll her eyes at eye level! ~Jen