Saturday, January 28, 2012

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

...when we have a bored four year old. I can remember back to when Ross and I shared a room when we were little. One of our favorite things to do together was to take a ball of yarn and string up our room. We would run it from every hook, knob and post there was. We had such a good time. Even clean up was fun with the scissors and now it is time to pass on the joy to a new generation.

I think if one could mix confusion with excitement one would come up with the facial expression that was given to me when I asked Abby if she wanted to make a spider web. When she said sure and then held out her hand to receive one, I could tell the idea didn't quite click. Try to imagine her face when I told her that the web was to be as big as the room; it didn't quite explode with excitement but it hit the notch below that.

So I started by tying a knot on the book shelf and stretching it across the room,


Over and under things...


The only trick was I am a few years older then the 8 I was the last time I tried this.


In the end I had a very happy house,



Except for the little one seen in the purple in the bottom left. She kept getting stuck. So it might be a few years til the younger can enjoy it as much as the bigger one did. We would throw things into the middle of it and have races to see who could get if first. We would play chase and tickle games, and in the end the scissors were brought out to have a cutting party. The Kingdom was happy and the peasants rejoiced. It was a good day.

No comments: