Saturday, January 07, 2012

Fighting words

I don't even remember what I asked or told or what ever I did do deserve it but what ever I said to her prompted this reply from my ever surprising four year old:

"Dad, chill. Deep breaths."

I was for sure that this would happen but not exactly now. I was thinking more of the teen years. I think the default setting would be to sit this little lady down and have a talk about what we say and what we don't say to papa bear. I am bigger then her, after all, and that should strike some fear into her little heart but alas no such luck. I think it was the way she said it that made me and my wife laugh so hard we cried. Her little hip was stuck out a little hand when on it while the other was put up with palm facing me. I almost expected the next thing to come out of her mouth to be "I'm just taking the car into town."

I'm guessing preschool is to blame.

No comments: