Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Takin a break to blab

Sometimes after work (especially like after a day when I had to pull designs out of places that I didn't know I had) I feel like all the creative juices were sucked outta me like a helium ballon at a ten year old's birthday party.

speaking of,

I miss birthday presents. Not like I dont get any presents anymore but do you remember the exact time when toys were replaced by underwear for christmas? It's like an age of reckoning. I miss the GI JOE guys and the rca cars and the hotwheels and all the stuff like that.

On the other hand I would bet that my beloved would argue quite passionately about the number of so called "toys" that I have amassed since we have been married and at this time I would like to point out quite clearly that there is a difference between a TOOL and a TOY. A difference, I fear, that is beyond the comprehension of the female gender of our species.

Although......
The saying goes the bigger the boy the bigger the toy and by some rights I might have proved that true as my favorite toy has a 4.6L straight six under the hood. So I guess I could go out the garage twice a year and rewrap my jeep with newspaper and put a bow on it for myself every birthday and christmas.

That would be a LOT of newspaper.

Then instead of screaming "thank you!" I would scream "thank me!", which would be kinda weird but not all that out of the ordanary.

My beloved's family thanksgiving was back in Illinois, (which, by the way, I have noticed that anywhere south or west of St Louis that the silent S at the end comes very much alive) so the Iddy bitty had quite a weekend road trip. It was very much worth the trip to see everyone again but probably the last one for a while.

welp...
I better get back to work.

1 comment:

Luke said...

*sigh* I miss you sometimes.