Friday, March 09, 2007

Far too long has it been of late,

I really don't know what that means but I like the way it sounds. Because if you break that sentence fragment down, it really doesn't make any sense.

Maybe in the term that "hey I've been thinking lately that it's been too long...."

But anyone can say that, but I guess anyone can say "far too long...." too,

but no one does.

SO FROM HERE ON OUT, "it's far too long...." for me.

Here goes,


"Far too long has it been of late since I have almost accidently lit the entire state of kansas on fire."

But that doesn't quite sound right either. There has to be a "hark" or a "forsooth" or something in there. Either that or revert entirely to old english, which isn't an entirely bad thing..

Yet I digress, or digest.. one of the two.

I would like to preface this story in first stating that if my actions did cause a fire that would of consumed burbon county, that it wouldn't be entirely my fault. I had no idea the fireworks were going to be THAT large.

Two of us here at work just completed a project for a major firework company. A project that included a photoshoot in which i was a photographer. A photoshoot which took place at the firework warehouse with the worst lighting conditions possible for a such a photoshoot. Most of the problems we could fix, but some we couldn't so we sent a truck to go pick them up and bring them here under more controlled lighting for a better picture and a better final product (catalog).

SO..

Catalog done.

Fireworks still here.

two weeks...three weeks... a month..still here.

After a while and a phone call from our customer, we get a visit from our project manager which resulted in two of us spliting the products.

my half was a box that was 2x2x4 feet completely full of big big big booms.

If I lit two a day every day, I could still be lighting off stuff on the fourth of july...2010.

This make me happy.

Because there is no way I'm going to let these last that long.

SO I had my first playtime that evening I brought them home. I invited my kansas parents over and we made a night out of it. You know the kind that you light and run really really really fast and there's the initial deep "FOOM" and then the stream goes in the air and with a huge "POW" you see like a willow tree? It was like that... but I didn't know it was like that. Til I lit it.

That as well made me very happy.

I just doubt any neighbor within 5 to 10 miles is as excited as I am.

1 comment:

Luke said...

yay for fireworks
yay for your job which landed you said fireworks

yay