Saturday, March 31, 2012

things overheard and such

Kindergarten.

The next logical step.

The school we would like abby to attend next year had one of those meet and greet thingys last night. I think I was more excited then abby was. I had high expectations of the evening and I came away throughly satisfied. The best part of the evening was when I had to almost bribe abby to get her out of her classroom. They did have a hamster AND a turtle after all. This post is starting to sound like a book report.

Many short sentences.

Kind of forced.

Not really entertaining to read.

I am actually boring myself to write this.

Ok now it's getting more fun to write.

But still bored.

Joanna is playing with the refrigerator.

Now since I have double spaced all these thoughts, i feel now I have to triple space to make a new paragraph.



subject change: things that have warmed my heart since we have last talked. Though I have already told some you these, they still deserved to be written down.

Abby likes to tie knots. Sometimes they invoke an "awwwwww" and sometimes they invoke a "whoa, that's... weird". She has a very specific piece of line that she prefers to tie the knots with. It has three (maybe four) pieces of different colored yarn that are braided together to form a two and a half foot length of line. This particular line can be found all around the house at different times. Sometimes it is found tying a small plastic horse to a kitchen chair (awwwww), or sometimes found hanging a doll by it's neck from a doorknob (whoa, that's... weird). But sometimes the rope is not to be found and it's then that the frustrating search shall be commenced. As pillows and couch cushions are overturned she comes to me and mumbles something about the pope? As I question her about it, She sighs takes my face into her hand and turns my head so we are nose to nose tilts her head slightly forward and with raised eyebrows she replies, "No dad! Rooope! Roooooooooope!" I now I realize that was a big build up of a story for a punch line that wasn't all that funny unless you were there. But I was there. SO yes, it is funny.

Also overheard this week after playing outside in the creek that runs through our place.

Her: Dad I have some good news and some bad news
Me: OK, I'll take the bad first.
Her: I'm all wet.
Me: What's the good news?
Her with a huge smile: I'm all wet! Your turn dad, say "good news or bad news abby?"

1 comment:

Tifani said...

i really want to meet abby : )